Man-Kit Leung, M.D., F.A.A.O.A.
Man-Kit Leung, M.D. is a board certified otolaryngologist/head and neck surgeon. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University and attended medical school at the University of California at San Francisco where he was co-President of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery at the Stanford University Medical Center. He subsequently underwent sub-specialty training in rhinology and endoscopic sinus, skull base, and orbital surgery as a clinical fellow at the Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary at Harvard Medical School. In 2011, Dr. Leung completed the curricular requirements and passed a rigorous examination process to become a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
Dr. Leung has authored more than 20 scientific papers, abstracts, and book chapters and continues to teach as Adjunct Clinical Faculty at the Stanford University School of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. He has a particular interest in diseases of the nose and sinuses and specializes in nasal allergies as well as in using minimally invasive techniques through the nose to access the sinuses, eyes and brain.
Dr. Leung is native to the San Francisco Bay Area and is excited to serve the community in which he was raised. He speaks Cantonese and Mandarin and enjoys hiking, traveling and spending time with his twins.
728 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, California 94133
Location Phone: (415) 829-8052
Location Fax: (415) 829-8621
1199 Bush Street
San Francisco, California 94109
Location Phone: (415) 230-0909
Location Fax: (415) 230-0915
My Phone: (415) 829-8052
Fax: (415) 829-8621
Accepting new patients:
I am accepting new patients.
Head and Neck Surgery
Bachelor of Arts : 1998
Bachelor of Arts Summa Cum Laude in Biochemical Sciences, Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Doctor of Medicine : 2003
University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
Internship : 2004
Intern in General Surgery, Department of General Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California
Residency : 2008
Resident in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California
Fellow : 2009
Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus/Skull Base/Orbit Surgery Fellowship – Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Co-editor : 2008-2010
Co-President : 2002-2003
Alpha Omega Medical Society, UCSF School of Medicine Chapter
Member : 1999-2003
University of California School of Medicine Admissions Committee
Physician and Surgeon
Medical Board of California
American Board of Otolaryngology
Languages other than English:
In Practice Since:
- At-large Delegate to Council of Legislation : 2012, California Medical Association
- Nominations Committee : 2011, San Francisco Medical Society
- Political Action Committee, Vice Chair : 2011, San Francisco Medical Society
- Board of Directors : 2011, San Francisco Medical Society
- Alternate Delegate to House of Delegates : 2010-2011, California Medical Associations
- Alternate Delegate to CMA House of Delgates : 2010-2011, San Francisco Medical Society
- Chinese Hospital liaison : 2009-2010, San Francisco Medical Society
- Co-director, Course on Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery : 2009, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru. Instructed local Peruvian otolaryngologists basics of endoscopic sinus surgery through lectures and demonstration live surgeries.
- Coordinator, Humanitarian medical missions trip : 2006, Recruited donations and coordinated humanitarian missions trip to Hospital de Ninos, Baca Ortiz, a public children’s hospital in Quito, Ecuador.
- Co-founder and Chief Coordinator, UCSF Children’s Health Hut : 1999-2003, Co-founded and directed program dedicated to promoting children’s health and recruiting underserved populations to enroll in subsidized health insurance. Awarded Association of American Medical Colleges Caring for Community grant.
- Board of Directors, Chnatown Committee, Phillip Brooks House Association : 1997-1998, Directed all Harvard University-affiliated community service activities in Boston’s Chinatown.
- Director and member, Harvard Chinese Elderly Visitation Program : 1995-1998, Instructor, ESL classes and US citizenship classes : 1995-1998, Taught English and US citizenship classes to Chinese immigrants in Boston.
- Tutor, Boston Asian Youth Tutorial Program : 1994-1995, Taught English and reading comprehension to Chinese teen immigrants.
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Member, American Rhinologic Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Honors and Awards:
- Grant – American Academy of Otolayrngology-Head & Neck Surgery : 2008, (AAOHNSF) Resident and Fellows-in-training Annual Meeting Grant
- Grand Prize – Best Overall Presentation : 2007, 23rd Annual Bay Area Residents’ Research Symposium (BARRS)
- Grant – AAO-HNSF : 2007, Resident and Fellow-in-training Annual Meeting Grant
- Grant – AAO-HNSF : 2006, AAO-HNSF Humanitarian Efforts Resident Travel Grant
- Resident Research Award – Best Presentation : 2006, Department of Otolaryngology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Grant – UCSF School of Medicine : 2001, Rainer’s Fund International Health Travel Grant
- Tucker Scholarship & Oliver Scholarship recipient : 2000-2002, University of California School of Medicine
- Chancellor’s Public Service Award nominee : 2000, University of California School of Medicine
- Grant – Association of American Medical Colleges : 2000, Caring for Community Grant
- Dr. Lester Chen Memorial Scholarship recipient : 1999, Chinese American Physicians’ Society
- Highest Honors : 1998, Graduated with highest honors (top 4%) at Harvard College
- Grant – Harvard College : 1997, Harvard College Research Program Fellowship Grant
- Lawrence National Laboratories : 1996, Summer Research Fellowship Grant
- John Harvard Scholar & Harvard College Scholar : 1995-1998, Harvard University
“Sinonasal Abnormalities in Patients with Graves’ Orbitopathy.” : 2011
Soler ZM, Platt MP, Leung MK, Mong S, Metson R. Laryngoscope 2011 Mar;121(3):650-60.
“Endoscopic Transnasel Approach for the Diagnosis and Management of Orbital Inflammatory Pseudotumor” : 2011
Lin HW, Leung MK, Jakobiec FA, Har-El G, Bhat P, and Metson RB. Am J Rhinol Allergy (submitted).
“Congenital Sinonasal Disorders.” : 2011
Leung MK, Kanowitz PR, Koltai PJ. In: Kennedy D and Hwang P, eds. Rhinology: Diseases of the Nose, Sinuses, and Skull Base. New York, NY: Thime (in press).
“Maxillary Sinus and Treatment of Graves’ Orbiotopathy.” : 2011
Leung MK and Metson R. In: Duncavage J and Becker S, eds. The Maxillary Sinus. New York, NY: Thieme, 2011.
“Endoscopic Transnasal Approach for Diagnosis and Management of Orbital Pseudotumor.” : 2010
Lin HW, Leung, MK, Jakobiec FA, Har-El G, Metson R. Poster presentation at Combined Otoalryngology Spring Meeting, 2010.
“Endoscopic Revision Orbital Decompression in the Management of Graves’ Orbitopathy.” : 2009
Leung MK, Platt MP, Metson RB. Oral presentation at Eastern Section meeting of the Triologic Society, 2009.
“Use of a Novel Microdebrider with Image-Guidance for Orbital Decompression in Thyroid-associated Orbitopathy.” : 2009
Nguyen J, Fay A, Lo K, Leung MK, Metson RB. Poster presentation at American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery annual meeting, 2009.
“Revision Endoscopic Orbital Decompression in the Management of Graves’ Orbitopathy.” : 2009
Leung MK, Platt MP, Metson RB. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2009 Jul;141(1):46-51.
“Endoscopic Approach to the Infratemporal Fossa for Management of Invasive Fungal Sinusitis.” : 2009
Goyal P, Leung MK, and Hwang PH. Am J Rhino Allergy 2009 Jan-Feb;23(1):100-4.
“Sinusitis and Sinonasal Abnormalities Associated with Graves’ Orbitopathy.” : 2009
Mong S, Leung MK, Metson RB. Oral presentation at American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery annual meeting, 2009.
“Outcomes of Sinus Surgery before Lung Transplantation for Cystic Fibrosis.” : 2008
Leung MK, Rachakonda L, Weill D, and Hwang PH. Am J Rhinol 2008 Mar-Apr;22(2):192-6.
“Congenital Inferior Turbinate Hypertrophy: An Unusual Cause of Neonatal Nasal Obstruction.” : 2007
Kwok JC, Leung MK, Koltai PJ. Int J Pediatr Otohinolaryngol Extra 2007 Mar;2(1):26-30.
“Pathology Quiz Case. Foregut Duplication Cyst.” : 2007
Leung MK, O-Lee TJ, Koltai PJ. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007 Sep;133(9):946.
“Rehabilitation of Surgically Traumatized Sinus Mucosa with Retinoic Acid.” : 2007
Leung MK and Hwang PH. Am J Rhinol 2007 May-Jun;21(3):271-5.
“Outcomes of Sinus Surgery before Lung Transplatation for Cystic Fibrosis.” : 2007
Leung MK, Rachakonda L, Weill D, and Hwang PH. Oral presentation at American Rhinologic Society Annual meeing 2007.
“Diagnosis and Treatment of Candida as a Cause of Invasive Fungal Sinusitis.” : 2007
Goyal P and Leung MK. Poster presentation at The Triologic Society Combined Sections meeting, 2007.
“Rehabilitation of Surgically Traumatized Sinus Mucosa with Retinoic Acid.” : 2006
Leung MK and Hwang PH. Oral presentation at American Rhinologic Society Annual meeting 2006.
“HIV Prevalence among a Cohort of Rural Injection Drug Users in Guangxi Province, China.” : 2006
Liu W, Chen J, Rodolph M, Beauchamp G, Masse B, Wang S, Li R, Ruan Y, Zhou F, Leung MK, Lai S, Shao Y, Jackson BJ. Addiction 2006 Oct;101(10):1493-8.
“Congenital Inferior Turbinate Hypertrophy: An Unusual Cause of Neonatal Nasal Obstruction.” : 2006
Kwok JC, Leung MK, Koltai PJ. Oral presentation at Society for Ear, Nose, and Throat Advances in Children Annual meeting, 2006.
“Endoscopic Approach to the Infratemporal Fossa for Management of Invasive Fungal Sinusitis.” : 2006
Goyal P, Leung MK, and Hwang PH. Poster presentation at Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting, 2006.
“Cultivating HIV Awareness in Rural China”. : 2004
Leung MK. Aids 2004 Apr 30;18(7):971-3.
“Transjugular Craniotomy for the Management of Jugular Foramen Tumors with Intracranial Extension.” : 2004
Oghalai JS, Leung MK, Jackler RK, McDermott MV. Otol Neurotol. 2004 Jul;25(4):570-9.
“Functional Role of P35srj, a Novel p300/CBP Binding Protein during Transactivation by HIF-1.” : 1999
Genes and Development 1999 13:64-75
“Molecular Cloning and Chromosomal Localization of the Human CITED2 gene Encoding P35srj/Mrg1.” : 1999
Leung MK, Jones T, Michels CL, Livingston DM, Bhattacharya S. Genomics 1999 61(3):307-13.